Storage Asset Management (SAM), the largest privately owned self-storage third party management firm, announced its same store* results for the year ending December 31, 2021.
Results and Highlights for 2021
Management Numbers, as of December 31, 2021
- Managed 442 self-storage locations, including 105 unmanned locations
- 110% increase in unmanned locations from 2020
- Began managing industrial/flex space parks, ending the year with two of these locations under management
- The self-storage locations encompassed 26,736,537 square feet of storage and 181,131 storage units
- Operated self-storage facilities in 34 states
- Employed 712 teammates
- A 29% increase from 2020
Same Store Results
- Increased Same-Store Revenue by 18.3% over 2020
- Grew Net Operating Income by 26.6% over 2020
- SAM’s managed stores collected 11,370 online reviews
- 95% of those reviews were of positive sentiment
SAM’s storage experience, technology, and adaptability are the driving factors behind these outstanding results. SAM has a very strong team with the ability to focus on each individual facility, while using data and technology to make smart decisions and improve efficiencies. Storage Asset Management is a third-party management firm that specializes in self-storage.
*SAM’s same-store pool for the period consists of 151 stores that were stabilized by Jan 1, 2021. SAM considers a store to be stabilized once it has been open for three years or has sustained average square foot occupancy of 80.0% or more for one calendar year. If a property reduces in size, it is removed from the same store pool until the beginning of the calendar year at least 12 months from the date of change.