May 20, 2020 marks the 10th anniversary for Storage Asset Management (SAM), the largest privately owned self-storage management company in the United States. SAM was founded in 2010 by Jay Hoke and Alyssa Quill with 22 management contracts in five … Continued
All kinds of external sources effect the ebb and flow of our self storage facilities daily operations. From competitors’ rate adjustments, to the collegiate storing summer season ending you need to be ready with managers who are trained to combat the threats to our day to day businesses. Your managers can react quickly when the tides change if provided the proper tools and resources including a plan tailored to your specific property.
Utilizing an intelligence based revenue management tool, you can lessen the effect that these stressors can have on your property. Facilities using these tools to their fullest potential, historically, have out performed facilities that take a less active pricing approach with manual annual or bi-annual pricing changes
Your property can benefit from the use of the following with our self storage revenue management team:
- Dynamic, automated, street rate adjustments based on demand, unit type and property occupancy, as well as relative prices compared to competition.
- Calculated and timely existing tenant rate adjustments.
- Customized discount programs based on local market conditions, demographics, and property occupancy.
- Frequent review of merchandise prices and various fees.
- Continuous analysis of move in and move out behaviors and trends.
- Ability to pilot test new pricing or discount programs at a group of properties before implementing at others.